Downtown Manheim Businesses
Manheim’s 1st Thursdays provide an opportunity for your business to reach potential customers from both inside and outside the Manheim area, while contributing to the health of the community via these ongoing celebrations. In order to be listed as a 1st Thursday participating business, you must:
- Commit to being open from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm on Thursday, August 5th.
- Be open for walk-ins (we encourage everyone to follow current COVID protocols) OR conduct some sort of business or promotion outdoors on your business property.
- Be a member of the Manheim Area Chamber of Commerce
If you’re not a Chamber member, we would still love to have you participate in the event—however you will not be listed as a participating business. Consider becoming a member today! Per Manheim Borough ordinance, any business conducting sidewalk activities during 1st Thursdays must clear that activity with the organization running the event (Manheim Area Chamber of Commerce).
Businesses Outside of Downtown Manheim
Are you a business outside of the downtown area that would like to participate in 1st Thursdays? You have three options:
- If you’re a Chamber member and you will be open for business from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm on Thursday, August 5th, and will be open for walk-ins (we encourage everyone to follow current COVID protocols) or will have outdoor activities for the public on your property, let us know and you will be listed on the 1stThursdays.com website as an activity outside of the downtown area.
- If you would like to set up a vending table along the outer sidewalks of Market Square (or in the old firehouse during darker months), please complete an application. Preference is given to Chamber members. Not a member? Become one today!
- Team up with another downtown business and use their space. If you’re interested in this option but need help finding a space, please let us know.
Food Trucks/Street Vendors
We are excited to have outside street vendors and food trucks be a significant part of 1st Thursdays. The applications supplied below outline all regulations and requirements for being approved as a street vendor or food truck participant. There is currently no fee, though this may change for future months.
Food Truck Application
Street Vendor Application
We are looking for musicians to perform outdoors in downtown Manheim during 1st Thursdays. If you are interested in performing, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a description of your performance style, an overview of your setup, and how much you would charge.
Events like 1st Thursdays are made possible by the generous contributions of local businesses. Below are the sponsorship options. Contact email@example.com for details.
- Title Sponsor: There will be only one title sponsor per month. Visiting 1stThurdays.com, you’ll see a 300x600 ad space near the top reserved for the title sponsor (300x250 on mobile). That ad is something you can supply—or if you don’t have an ad, we will create an ad for you as part of your sponsorship package. You would just need to supply your logo, an appropriate photo (if desired), and a very brief headline and/or message. That ad would link to your website and would appear from the time you sign up until the Saturday after 1st Thursday. In addition, you would receive one dedicated post via the Chamber’s Facebook and Instagram accounts, and one dedicated post via the #ilovemanheim Facebook and Instagram accounts. The price for being a title sponsor is $300.
- Event Sponsor: Visiting 1stThursdays.com, you’ll see spaces for event sponsors below the map. Here is where we would include your logo (which would link to your business). In addition, you would receive one dedicated post via the Chamber’s Facebook and Instagram account. The price for being an event sponsor is $150.
Are you an individual who wants to invest in your local community? From setup tasks to trash pickup, we can use your help. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.